Dress / Wedges / Necklace
Yesterday I spent the day in Chicago at the Merchandise Mart with a co-worker returning some fabric samples and picking up some tile samples. This was surprisingly only my third or fourth time in the Mart and I forgot how stunning the showrooms are. I could spend all day there! After the Mart, we went to The Hampton Social and it was my first time there – seriously so cute! I have seen a ton of photos taken there so of course, we had to go!
I mainly wanted to do this blog post because I finally got my hands on this dress that I have been eyeing FOREVER! It is so flattering and I have seen it on so many people styled so many different ways. It is a little on the pricier side but I am so glad I finally got it. It is so comfortable and so easy to dress up or down! I love that you can wear it now but you are also able to style it in the Winter, Spring, and Fall! It is the perfect little black dress, and I will definitely be getting it in other colors!
Some of these items may be sold out but might be restocked!
*My denim and shoes pictured are not a part of the Nordstrom sale*
BP. pullover – Marked down to $25, originally $39.
Jeans ($25 right now!) / Wedges (Steve Madden dupes!)
BP. pullover – Same pullover in a different color! SO soft.
Jean Shorts ($19 right now!) / Soludos Espadrilles
These Soludos Espadrilles are a part of the Nordstrom sale and are marked down to $49 – originally $74!
WAYF Ruffle Cami (Restocked!) – This may be my favorite purchase from the sale. It is now restocked and comes in other colors! It is marked down to $38 and is originally $59!
Jeans / Shoes
BP. Lace Trimmed Cami – This is unfortunately sold out but will hopefully be restocked?!
Tory Burch Flats
These Tory Burch flats are extremely similar and are a part of the sale – marked down to $164!
This is the same BP. Lace Trimmed Cami – I love that you can style it so many ways all year long! Hopefully, it will be restocked 🙂
This was my first time ever shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale and wow it was totally worth it! In my opinion, shopping this sale will save me soo much money in the end because throughout the rest of the year I would’ve shopped more if I hadn’t picked these things up for such great deals! Two things that are not pictured that I also got from the sale are these Zella Live in High Waist Leggings which are the BEST! I did not expect to love them as much as my Lulu Lemon leggings but I do! I also got this basic tee in black that is marked down to only $11 (will hopefully be restocked in more sizes and colors?!) I obviously didn’t go too crazy because being on a college budget doesn’t stop when you graduate! 😉
I was so excited to spend the fourth of July back home – and it was Davis’s first time in Maine, so it was overall just such a great trip. I made sure to put some “must see” places in his itinerary for the trip so that he could see them while we were there. My hometown (Bucksport) is only an hour or less from these places, so we were able to get there pretty easily. I never realized how much I took all of this for granted when I actually lived there… Sometimes it really does take leaving somewhere to realize how much you truly love it. Ever since I have moved out of Maine, I have appreciated its beauty a lot more. Everything is a lot more exciting now that I am not there all of the time.
Pictured above and listed below are the places that I put in Davis’s itinerary for our trip to Maine!
CARRIER’S MAINELY LOBSTER
Carrier’s is located in my hometown and was actually where I worked my first job in High School for 5 years, so I am extremely biased – but I love it so I had to include it. For those that are not from Maine or have not had Maine lobster – Carrier’s is the perfect place to go. You can get fresh seafood and fresh lobster to cook at home, or you can order it cooked!
WAHL’S DAIRY PORT
This is not pictured above but was in the itinerary I put together for Davis because this is my friends and I’s go-to spot for ice cream and has been for many years. There is something so great about getting an ice cream from the “ice cream parlor” and I go every time I am home in the summertime.
ACADIA NATIONAL PARK
This is somewhere my friends and I have always gone hiking, and the hikes are well worth it – the views never cease to amaze me. The photo above is taken on the top of Acadia Mountain, but there are other mountains in the area with different levels of difficulty you can hike as well. There is a lot to do in the Acadia area!
JORDAN POND HOUSE – ACADIA
This is somewhere I had never been before – Jordan Pond House is well known for their popovers, and they DID NOT DISAPPOINT. They were delicious! We expected that we would have to wait a while because it was Saturday around lunchtime, but luckily we only had to wait 30 minutes for an outside table! The view of Jordan Pond was breathtaking. They have great deals if you were to just order a popover and a drink!
Although I have been to Bar Harbor various times throughout my lifetime, I still love spending a day or an evening there. Bar Harbor has the cutest shops, restaurants, and bars to keep you busy for hours. Their shops are so unique to Maine and that is what I love so much about them. This was the perfect place to take Davis in order for him to really get a taste of Maine.
It has been WAY too long since I have blogged. After thinking about it for a while, I decided to change my website name, to my name! I felt as if it should be something that I wanted, and I was constantly regretting “East Coast Fashionista,” I had just completely outgrown it. Not only did I outgrow it, but I wanted to create a consistent brand that is aligned with my name, and that was hard to do with a different website name. I am so excited to have a fresh start with my new brand!
A lot has happened since I last posted – I graduated college in May and since then I have been working and apartment searching in the Chicago area with my soon-to-be roommate!
Today Davis and I are headed to Maine for the fourth of July! The fourth is always the best on the east coast, especially on the lake. I am so excited to spend a week at home with my best friends and my family! There will be a blog post to follow 🙂
Happy Monday! I haven’t done a post rounding up some of my favorite make up from the drugstore yet – and I am loving a ton right now! So I figured this post was well overdue.
If you ladies have not watched Tati Westbrook on YouTube, you HAVE to! My cousin got me obsessed with her videos over winter break and I haven’t stopped watching her since. She is so honest about every product she tries and gives 100% real reviews no matter what brand. What I love is that she has introduced her viewers to so many great products that are SO affordable. And thats just what us college girls need right?! I cannot afford to buy my $40/$50 foundations anymore, so I am really pleased that I’ve found products that are lot more affordable. Some of these products pictured above are “Tati-Approved” so of course, I had to buy them and try them out. Now they are a part of my daily make up routine.
- Wet N’ Wild Photo Focus Foundation – Until I watched Tati’s video on and review on this foundation, I was hesitant to try a foundation that was only $5/$6. I have oily, acne prone skin so I am usually very sensitive to cheaper foundations that are not oil free. I gave this one a shot, and fell in love. It is SO full coverage, and it applies so well with a beauty blender! I have three different shades so that I can mix them depending on if I am fake tanning or not.
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer – This stuff is a GAME CHANGER. I have seen a lot of bloggers and youtubers rave about this concealer, so I finally decided to give it a try. It is not super thick like my other concealers I swear by (I talk about them in this post) but DANG this is full coverage! It covers my under eye circles better than anything else I’ve tried. And the best part – its only $7/$8!
- L’Oreal Brow Stylist Definer – To be completely honest, until I started watching Tati’s youtube videos I never filled in my eyebrows. I just didn’t think it was necessary because mine are already so dark and somewhat defined. But this has made a huge difference just filling in any sparser areas in my brows and making them stand out a little more!
- Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder – This stuff is another game changer. First of all, it smells SO GOOD, and second of all, it sets like no other powder I’ve tried. It is sometimes easy to go overboard with, a little definitely goes a long way – but it sets with my under eye concealer so well.
- L’Oreal Lash Paradise Mascara – I have never been one to spend a lot of money on mascaras – I’ve always managed to find drugstore mascaras that I love. I don’t think I’ve ever even purchased a high end mascara?! This one has become one of my all time favorites. The downside to his however, is I find that it dries out quickly compared to my other mascaras. Other than that, I love the length and volume it gives my lashes!
- Wet n’ Wild MegaGlo Highlight – To be honest, I never was one to highlight much until I started watching Tati either..but lately I have been really into it, especially at night! This highlighting powder is only $5 and i find that it gives my cheekbones a nice “champagne” glow that isn’t too intense. I especially love it mixed with bronzer.
Something that I have been really trying to do is invest in my skincare and take better care of my skin (drinking more water, moisturizing more often & etc), because I feel as though the better your skin is, the better it will look in make up. So I’ve learned I would rather splurge on skin care that way my skin may be able to tolerate more affordable make up! Like I said – if you’re looking for honest reviews on products in various price ranges, check out Tati!
Free People Thermal Top / Booties / Jeans / Monogram Necklace
This thermal top from Free People is one of the COMFIEST tops I have ever owned. It definitely runs big – so I would size down (I probably should have.) It also looks cute with a lace bralette underneath! There are so many ways you can style this. Considering it is still cold and not feeling like Spring at all in Illinois, I am still pairing it with booties. I got these booties at Target for $9 (not even kidding) on clearance – they don’t have them anymore, but they are very similar to ones I’ve found on Nordstrom. Something about these are SO flattering – they make your legs look longer! They’re super comfy and easy to walk in too. Honestly all Target shoes go on major clearance at the end of each season, so instead of paying full price for a lot of their shoes I wait until they go on clearance!
I’ve been so inconsistent with blogging lately – I’ve really been trying to enjoy my spring semester of senior year, I have less than a month left until graduation. It’s starting to really hit me that I’m about to join the big-girl world (scary.) But I’m hoping to write more blog posts on my college experience too!