There are SO many great sales going on right now, some are ending today but some are extended until after labor day! So I figured I’d show you a couple of my favorite items from each sale 🙂
Steve Madden Platform Sandal – $65
Nurse Jamie Facial Trio – I have been eyeing the Nurse Jamie uplift for quite some time now (all because of Tati) and this is a trio set for $46 – the uplift is original $69!
Quay Australia Aviators – Marked down to $29!!
Express is the perfect place to buy your “going out” closet staples. The entire site is currently 40% off and womens jeans are 50% off!
One Shoulder Tie Tank – Only $15!!
Sequin Mini Skirt – $41. I wore this last weekend to celebrate my 22nd birthday and I loved it. Just the right amount of extra 😉
Strapless Sweetheart Romper – $41. I love this because it’s simple – but you can do a lot with it!
It was not until recently that I started shopping at Abercrombie again, they have so many cute fall items right now and their sales are great!
Snap-Up Fleece – I am obsessed. Comes in many different colors!
Cozy Swing Dress – This also comes in different colors and I think it’s perfect for fall!
Lace Trim Cami – These are SUPER in right now. The reason I like mine so much is because you can wear it under a lot of different cardigans and blazers, or by itself!
Goodnight Macaroon is the perfect place to get sweaters and cardigans. They have so many unique styles that you might not see a lot of other places. It has been one of my favorites for a while now.
“Silvia” Eyelet Halter Neck Lightweight Sweater / “Pansy” Two Tone High Low V-Neck Sweater / “Acadia” Fuzzy Fleece Sweater
With fall approaching – what kind of blog posts do you want to see?! What are you guys looking to add to your closet right now?! Let me know in the comments or DM me 🙂
Throughout the summer I’ve come across some really affordable beauty products that have become a part of my daily routine so I figured I’d share them with you guys 🙂 A lot of these are dupes for higher-end products that I just can’t justify spending so much money on, and why should you when you can find them at the drugstore for a fraction of the price?!
- Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer – This bronzer not only smells like coconuts and vacation but it gives you the most natural glow that blends so nicely! This is one of the many products I have purchased because it is Tati-approved (if you haven’t watched her on YouTube, click that link right now!)
- Maybelline Superstay Full Coverage Foundation – I picked up this one up because it was oil-free, which is really important for my skin especially in the summertime. I notice that this foundation is definitely full coverage but very natural looking at the same time! I like that I can’t feel it on my face. It doesn’t clog my pores or break me out either.
- Maybelline Face Studio Master Chrome Metallic Highlighter – I have this highlighter in rose gold and it is by far the best drugstore highlighter I have ever tried – it is so smooth, not chunky/chalky at all and gives such a nice highlighted glow to the skin!
- Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula Skin Therapy Oil – This may seem like a random item but it has been a game changer for my skin (I do not apply it on my face.) I apply it every night after I shower and shave, and it makes my skin so soft and I have noticed that my skin tone is more even and any scarring from shaving seems to have lightened. I have always loved Palmers Cocoa Butter Cream so I knew I would love this too.
- L’Oreal Paris True Match Lumi Bronze it Bronzer – This bronzer is great for your face and your body. I use this mostly when I have applied self-tanner and I need my face to blend with my neck and chest. It gives a really nice natural looking glow without looking “too bronzed!”
- Trader Joe’s 100% Pure Jojoba Oil – This oil is a more recent find and I did not know how my skin would react to it because it is so sensitive and oily already. I am struggling with acne and breakouts and am trying anything at this point. I have been using this for almost two weeks now and my skin feels so hydrated and smooth. Jojoba oil is known to soothe and cleanse pores but I didn’t know if it would do that for me! So far I am loving it.
- Neutrogena Moisture Smooth Color Stick – I love this because it feels like a chapstick but gives you color as well! These smell so good too.
- Maybelline The City Mini Palette – I LOVE this palette. I got the “Rooftop Bronzes” palette and it is the only palette I’ve used daily since I purchased it. These shadows are dupes for some shades in the Naked Palettes – and only a fraction of the price!
- Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss – I was looking for a dupe to the Buxom plumping gloss (which I love) and the woman in the Target Beauty section recommended this one to me. It works just the same! It gives a nice shine and the tingle makes your lips feel fuller!
What are some of your current drugstore favorites that you think I should try?!
Dress / Wedges / Necklace
Yesterday I spent the day in Chicago at the Merchandise Mart with a co-worker returning some fabric samples and picking up some tile samples. This was surprisingly only my third or fourth time in the Mart and I forgot how stunning the showrooms are. I could spend all day there! After the Mart, we went to The Hampton Social and it was my first time there – seriously so cute! I have seen a ton of photos taken there so of course, we had to go!
I mainly wanted to do this blog post because I finally got my hands on this dress that I have been eyeing FOREVER! It is so flattering and I have seen it on so many people styled so many different ways. It is a little on the pricier side but I am so glad I finally got it. It is so comfortable and so easy to dress up or down! I love that you can wear it now but you are also able to style it in the Winter, Spring, and Fall! It is the perfect little black dress, and I will definitely be getting it in other colors!
Some of these items may be sold out but might be restocked!
*My denim and shoes pictured are not a part of the Nordstrom sale*
BP. pullover – Marked down to $25, originally $39.
Jeans ($25 right now!) / Wedges (Steve Madden dupes!)
BP. pullover – Same pullover in a different color! SO soft.
Jean Shorts ($19 right now!) / Soludos Espadrilles
These Soludos Espadrilles are a part of the Nordstrom sale and are marked down to $49 – originally $74!
WAYF Ruffle Cami (Restocked!) – This may be my favorite purchase from the sale. It is now restocked and comes in other colors! It is marked down to $38 and is originally $59!
Jeans / Shoes
BP. Lace Trimmed Cami – This is unfortunately sold out but will hopefully be restocked?!
Tory Burch Flats
These Tory Burch flats are extremely similar and are a part of the sale – marked down to $164!
This is the same BP. Lace Trimmed Cami – I love that you can style it so many ways all year long! Hopefully, it will be restocked 🙂
This was my first time ever shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale and wow it was totally worth it! In my opinion, shopping this sale will save me soo much money in the end because throughout the rest of the year I would’ve shopped more if I hadn’t picked these things up for such great deals! Two things that are not pictured that I also got from the sale are these Zella Live in High Waist Leggings which are the BEST! I did not expect to love them as much as my Lulu Lemon leggings but I do! I also got this basic tee in black that is marked down to only $11 (will hopefully be restocked in more sizes and colors?!) I obviously didn’t go too crazy because being on a college budget doesn’t stop when you graduate! 😉
I was so excited to spend the fourth of July back home – and it was Davis’s first time in Maine, so it was overall just such a great trip. I made sure to put some “must see” places in his itinerary for the trip so that he could see them while we were there. My hometown (Bucksport) is only an hour or less from these places, so we were able to get there pretty easily. I never realized how much I took all of this for granted when I actually lived there… Sometimes it really does take leaving somewhere to realize how much you truly love it. Ever since I have moved out of Maine, I have appreciated its beauty a lot more. Everything is a lot more exciting now that I am not there all of the time.
Pictured above and listed below are the places that I put in Davis’s itinerary for our trip to Maine!
CARRIER’S MAINELY LOBSTER
Carrier’s is located in my hometown and was actually where I worked my first job in High School for 5 years, so I am extremely biased – but I love it so I had to include it. For those that are not from Maine or have not had Maine lobster – Carrier’s is the perfect place to go. You can get fresh seafood and fresh lobster to cook at home, or you can order it cooked!
WAHL’S DAIRY PORT
This is not pictured above but was in the itinerary I put together for Davis because this is my friends and I’s go-to spot for ice cream and has been for many years. There is something so great about getting an ice cream from the “ice cream parlor” and I go every time I am home in the summertime.
ACADIA NATIONAL PARK
This is somewhere my friends and I have always gone hiking, and the hikes are well worth it – the views never cease to amaze me. The photo above is taken on the top of Acadia Mountain, but there are other mountains in the area with different levels of difficulty you can hike as well. There is a lot to do in the Acadia area!
JORDAN POND HOUSE – ACADIA
This is somewhere I had never been before – Jordan Pond House is well known for their popovers, and they DID NOT DISAPPOINT. They were delicious! We expected that we would have to wait a while because it was Saturday around lunchtime, but luckily we only had to wait 30 minutes for an outside table! The view of Jordan Pond was breathtaking. They have great deals if you were to just order a popover and a drink!
Although I have been to Bar Harbor various times throughout my lifetime, I still love spending a day or an evening there. Bar Harbor has the cutest shops, restaurants, and bars to keep you busy for hours. Their shops are so unique to Maine and that is what I love so much about them. This was the perfect place to take Davis in order for him to really get a taste of Maine.