Throughout the summer I’ve come across some really affordable beauty products that have become a part of my daily routine so I figured I’d share them with you guys 🙂 A lot of these are dupes for higher-end products that I just can’t justify spending so much money on, and why should you when you can find them at the drugstore for a fraction of the price?!
- Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer – This bronzer not only smells like coconuts and vacation but it gives you the most natural glow that blends so nicely! This is one of the many products I have purchased because it is Tati-approved (if you haven’t watched her on YouTube, click that link right now!)
- Maybelline Superstay Full Coverage Foundation – I picked up this one up because it was oil-free, which is really important for my skin especially in the summertime. I notice that this foundation is definitely full coverage but very natural looking at the same time! I like that I can’t feel it on my face. It doesn’t clog my pores or break me out either.
- Maybelline Face Studio Master Chrome Metallic Highlighter – I have this highlighter in rose gold and it is by far the best drugstore highlighter I have ever tried – it is so smooth, not chunky/chalky at all and gives such a nice highlighted glow to the skin!
- Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula Skin Therapy Oil – This may seem like a random item but it has been a game changer for my skin (I do not apply it on my face.) I apply it every night after I shower and shave, and it makes my skin so soft and I have noticed that my skin tone is more even and any scarring from shaving seems to have lightened. I have always loved Palmers Cocoa Butter Cream so I knew I would love this too.
- L’Oreal Paris True Match Lumi Bronze it Bronzer – This bronzer is great for your face and your body. I use this mostly when I have applied self-tanner and I need my face to blend with my neck and chest. It gives a really nice natural looking glow without looking “too bronzed!”
- Trader Joe’s 100% Pure Jojoba Oil – This oil is a more recent find and I did not know how my skin would react to it because it is so sensitive and oily already. I am struggling with acne and breakouts and am trying anything at this point. I have been using this for almost two weeks now and my skin feels so hydrated and smooth. Jojoba oil is known to soothe and cleanse pores but I didn’t know if it would do that for me! So far I am loving it.
- Neutrogena Moisture Smooth Color Stick – I love this because it feels like a chapstick but gives you color as well! These smell so good too.
- Maybelline The City Mini Palette – I LOVE this palette. I got the “Rooftop Bronzes” palette and it is the only palette I’ve used daily since I purchased it. These shadows are dupes for some shades in the Naked Palettes – and only a fraction of the price!
- Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss – I was looking for a dupe to the Buxom plumping gloss (which I love) and the woman in the Target Beauty section recommended this one to me. It works just the same! It gives a nice shine and the tingle makes your lips feel fuller!
What are some of your current drugstore favorites that you think I should try?!
Happy Monday! I haven’t done a post rounding up some of my favorite make up from the drugstore yet – and I am loving a ton right now! So I figured this post was well overdue.
If you ladies have not watched Tati Westbrook on YouTube, you HAVE to! My cousin got me obsessed with her videos over winter break and I haven’t stopped watching her since. She is so honest about every product she tries and gives 100% real reviews no matter what brand. What I love is that she has introduced her viewers to so many great products that are SO affordable. And thats just what us college girls need right?! I cannot afford to buy my $40/$50 foundations anymore, so I am really pleased that I’ve found products that are lot more affordable. Some of these products pictured above are “Tati-Approved” so of course, I had to buy them and try them out. Now they are a part of my daily make up routine.
- Wet N’ Wild Photo Focus Foundation – Until I watched Tati’s video on and review on this foundation, I was hesitant to try a foundation that was only $5/$6. I have oily, acne prone skin so I am usually very sensitive to cheaper foundations that are not oil free. I gave this one a shot, and fell in love. It is SO full coverage, and it applies so well with a beauty blender! I have three different shades so that I can mix them depending on if I am fake tanning or not.
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer – This stuff is a GAME CHANGER. I have seen a lot of bloggers and youtubers rave about this concealer, so I finally decided to give it a try. It is not super thick like my other concealers I swear by (I talk about them in this post) but DANG this is full coverage! It covers my under eye circles better than anything else I’ve tried. And the best part – its only $7/$8!
- L’Oreal Brow Stylist Definer – To be completely honest, until I started watching Tati’s youtube videos I never filled in my eyebrows. I just didn’t think it was necessary because mine are already so dark and somewhat defined. But this has made a huge difference just filling in any sparser areas in my brows and making them stand out a little more!
- Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder – This stuff is another game changer. First of all, it smells SO GOOD, and second of all, it sets like no other powder I’ve tried. It is sometimes easy to go overboard with, a little definitely goes a long way – but it sets with my under eye concealer so well.
- L’Oreal Lash Paradise Mascara – I have never been one to spend a lot of money on mascaras – I’ve always managed to find drugstore mascaras that I love. I don’t think I’ve ever even purchased a high end mascara?! This one has become one of my all time favorites. The downside to his however, is I find that it dries out quickly compared to my other mascaras. Other than that, I love the length and volume it gives my lashes!
- Wet n’ Wild MegaGlo Highlight – To be honest, I never was one to highlight much until I started watching Tati either..but lately I have been really into it, especially at night! This highlighting powder is only $5 and i find that it gives my cheekbones a nice “champagne” glow that isn’t too intense. I especially love it mixed with bronzer.
Something that I have been really trying to do is invest in my skincare and take better care of my skin (drinking more water, moisturizing more often & etc), because I feel as though the better your skin is, the better it will look in make up. So I’ve learned I would rather splurge on skin care that way my skin may be able to tolerate more affordable make up! Like I said – if you’re looking for honest reviews on products in various price ranges, check out Tati!