Happy Monday! I haven’t done a post rounding up some of my favorite make up from the drugstore yet – and I am loving a ton right now! So I figured this post was well overdue.
If you ladies have not watched Tati Westbrook on YouTube, you HAVE to! My cousin got me obsessed with her videos over winter break and I haven’t stopped watching her since. She is so honest about every product she tries and gives 100% real reviews no matter what brand. What I love is that she has introduced her viewers to so many great products that are SO affordable. And thats just what us college girls need right?! I cannot afford to buy my $40/$50 foundations anymore, so I am really pleased that I’ve found products that are lot more affordable. Some of these products pictured above are “Tati-Approved” so of course, I had to buy them and try them out. Now they are a part of my daily make up routine.
- Wet N’ Wild Photo Focus Foundation – Until I watched Tati’s video on and review on this foundation, I was hesitant to try a foundation that was only $5/$6. I have oily, acne prone skin so I am usually very sensitive to cheaper foundations that are not oil free. I gave this one a shot, and fell in love. It is SO full coverage, and it applies so well with a beauty blender! I have three different shades so that I can mix them depending on if I am fake tanning or not.
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer – This stuff is a GAME CHANGER. I have seen a lot of bloggers and youtubers rave about this concealer, so I finally decided to give it a try. It is not super thick like my other concealers I swear by (I talk about them in this post) but DANG this is full coverage! It covers my under eye circles better than anything else I’ve tried. And the best part – its only $7/$8!
- L’Oreal Brow Stylist Definer – To be completely honest, until I started watching Tati’s youtube videos I never filled in my eyebrows. I just didn’t think it was necessary because mine are already so dark and somewhat defined. But this has made a huge difference just filling in any sparser areas in my brows and making them stand out a little more!
- Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder – This stuff is another game changer. First of all, it smells SO GOOD, and second of all, it sets like no other powder I’ve tried. It is sometimes easy to go overboard with, a little definitely goes a long way – but it sets with my under eye concealer so well.
- L’Oreal Lash Paradise Mascara – I have never been one to spend a lot of money on mascaras – I’ve always managed to find drugstore mascaras that I love. I don’t think I’ve ever even purchased a high end mascara?! This one has become one of my all time favorites. The downside to his however, is I find that it dries out quickly compared to my other mascaras. Other than that, I love the length and volume it gives my lashes!
- Wet n’ Wild MegaGlo Highlight – To be honest, I never was one to highlight much until I started watching Tati either..but lately I have been really into it, especially at night! This highlighting powder is only $5 and i find that it gives my cheekbones a nice “champagne” glow that isn’t too intense. I especially love it mixed with bronzer.
Something that I have been really trying to do is invest in my skincare and take better care of my skin (drinking more water, moisturizing more often & etc), because I feel as though the better your skin is, the better it will look in make up. So I’ve learned I would rather splurge on skin care that way my skin may be able to tolerate more affordable make up! Like I said – if you’re looking for honest reviews on products in various price ranges, check out Tati!
Free People Thermal Top / Booties / Jeans / Monogram Necklace
This thermal top from Free People is one of the COMFIEST tops I have ever owned. It definitely runs big – so I would size down (I probably should have.) It also looks cute with a lace bralette underneath! There are so many ways you can style this. Considering it is still cold and not feeling like Spring at all in Illinois, I am still pairing it with booties. I got these booties at Target for $9 (not even kidding) on clearance – they don’t have them anymore, but they are very similar to ones I’ve found on Nordstrom. Something about these are SO flattering – they make your legs look longer! They’re super comfy and easy to walk in too. Honestly all Target shoes go on major clearance at the end of each season, so instead of paying full price for a lot of their shoes I wait until they go on clearance!
I’ve been so inconsistent with blogging lately – I’ve really been trying to enjoy my spring semester of senior year, I have less than a month left until graduation. It’s starting to really hit me that I’m about to join the big-girl world (scary.) But I’m hoping to write more blog posts on my college experience too!
Wall Butterflies / Picture / Blue Floral Bulb Lights / Anthology Pillows
Throw Pillows / Chair / Blanket
Lamp / Lamp Shade / Hourglass / Jewelry Dish
Etsy Prints / Make Up Brush Holder / Lauren Conrad “Style” / Emily Post’s Etiquette / Weddings in Color
Etsy Prints / Shelves
I’m just a few days away from being finished with my Junior year of college! Everyone is starting to move out of their dorms and finals are coming to an end. I was planning on taking down some things in my room when I realized how much I loved how it was decorated! Sometimes it can be difficult to make your dorm feel “homey” and comfortable, but throughout the years I have definitely learned how to do that. This is by far my favorite layout I’ve had compared to previous set ups in other dorms. You learn to take advantage of the space you have – even if it’s not a lot 🙂 Especially if you are an incoming Freshman, it’s good to learn that you can still make your room super cute without spending a lot! My favorite go-to place for just about everything is Target – And I didn’t realize this until I came to college. Target is literally a god sent. Almost everything in my dorm is from Target. I’m really big on the little details. I love stacking books to make a cute arrangement along with picture frames and cute little trinkets – every detail counts!